Warehouse District Businesses and Residents to Compete in Facade Decorating Contest
Warehouse District businesses and residents are challenged to join the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center to LIGHT UP THE DISTRICT by competing in a facade decorating contest during the second annual Christmas In The District, December 3 – 24, 2014.
The business with the best themed façade decoration will win a fully hosted employee party at the Convention Center for 50 people, to be held between Friday, December 26 and Friday, April 3 (based on availability) and will have their business featured in a ½ page advertisement in a local paper.
The second annual Christmas in the District event will feature:
- Twelve Days of New Orleans Christmas (new feature indoors in The Great Hall);
- Weekly concerts on the Plaza, starting December 3, at Julia Street and Convention Center Boulevard;
- Holiday light displays along Convention Center Boulevard with over 70 lighted trees;
- Corporate Christmas Tree Display (new feature indoors in The Great Hall);
- Convention Center façade festooned with animated lights synchronized to music;
- Winter Wonderland featuring kids zone with inflatables and craft stations (new feature indoors in The Great Hall);
- Elf In The District contest;
- Santa Paws Parade and contest;
- Light up the District contest.
Detailed schedule information to be announced in October. For more information, visit christmasinthedistrict.com.
The New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center is funding the event as a part of its mission to bring visitors to town, and is expected to inspire all the residents and businesses in the Warehouse/Arts District to embrace the event and help grow it annually.
The event is produced in partnership with the Warehouse District Business Association (WDBA). The WDBA was formed to help protect, promote and preserve the commercial culture in our district. They strive for a unified voice of business owners that will represent the best interest of the neighborhood toward a successful commercial/residential, work/life balance.
WDBA provides a central portal of accurate information to stay informed and up to date on topics related to the city and neighborhood (i.e. civil projects, government issues, security and crime, tourism events and opportunities, and marketing efforts).
Phone: Toll-Free (855)477-8756
Light Up the District Participant Form:
Christmas in the District at the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center