The New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center (MCCNO) is committed to providing superior service to all patrons and works closely with event organizers to provide reasonable measures to accommodate guests with disabilities.
The Convention Center provides service ramps to entrances and elevated areas, automatic doors, an array of passenger elevators, restroom facilities for the disabled, as well as braille instructions and directional signage at strategic locations throughout the building.
– Mobility scooter rental is available at MCCNO at our UPS Store, located on Lobby F. We welcome and encourage our guests to make arrangements in advance: Mobility Scooter Reservation Form. Wheelchairs are also available upon request.
– Parking for persons with disabilities is offered in surrounding lots and is available on the first-come, first-served basis. Spaces are marked accordingly, and the number of spaces fluctuates from event to event.
– Guests with mobility challenges may utilize the covered drives as drop-off and pick-up locations. You may view a map of the facility here to identify the location closest to your event destination: http://www.mccno.com/meeting-planners/floor-plans/.
– Service animals are permitted at MCCNO. The ADA defines a service animal as any guide dog, signal dog, or other animal individually trained to provide assistance to an individual with a disability. This includes psychiatric service animals that are individually trained to provide service to individuals with psychiatric or neurological disabilities, such as preventing or interrupting impulsive or destructive behaviors. It does not include emotional support or comfort animals. Service animals must be harnessed, leashed or tethered at all times. A guest whose service animal poses a threat to the safety of other guests and employees may be asked to escort the animal off the premises.
– Patrons requiring sign language / oral interpreters, assisted listening devices or other special needs during an event should contact the event organizer in advance. Our event services department can put you in touch with the appropriate event representative if you are unsure whom to contact. Our Event Services department can be reached at 504-582-3011.
– Visit www.ada.gov for more information about Federal ADA guidelines.